deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hello! i’m in the middle of a diy post bacc right now, and someone informed me that my time might be better spent studying for the MCAT instead of trying to raise my sGPA by a couple of 0.0x points.

I know this is the pre-DO thread, but my AACOMAS sGPA is significantly higher (3.56) compared to my AMCAS sGPA (3.37). If I took all the courses I was planning on taking, I would end with a 3.58 and a 3.45.

i had originally wanted to study for the MCAT while taking these post bacc courses. I plan on taking the MCAT between Jan-March next year. Would this 0.08 increase make a difference to adcoms?

thank you!
You're better off focusing on the MCAT and just knocking that out of the park rather than putting HALF into DIY Post-Bac and HALF into MCAT
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad