Depressed?

Started by Dr.Hafeza
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.Hafeza

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi 🙂
I was overjoyed the first couple of days with my PCAT scores, but now i'm like eh? Am i a viable candidate with my GPA? (93% pcat, 3.0 gpa)...especially after seeing so many smarty pants here on this website (kudos to you all 👍 ) , I feel like I didn't deserve that celebratory dinner the night i got my results :cry:
so post here if you need a pat on the back or some reassurance. No, this isn't a sympathy thread...it's a thread to encourage optimism in a highly competitive environment, and to help realize we'll all get in to pharm school, some day, some how, even if we have to bribe someone :meanie:
 
Hi 🙂
I was overjoyed the first couple of days with my PCAT scores, but now i'm like eh? Am i a viable candidate with my GPA? (93% pcat, 3.0 gpa)...especially after seeing so many smarty pants here on this website (kudos to you all 👍 ) , I feel like I didn't deserve that celebratory dinner the night i got my results :cry:
so post here if you need a pat on the back or some reassurance. No, this isn't a sympathy thread...it's a thread to encourage optimism in a highly competitive environment, and to help realize we'll all get in to pharm school, some day, some how, even if we have to bribe someone :meanie:


93% PCAT........let me put it this way. Out of 10,000 applicants, 700 had a better score, and 9300 had a worse score. 700 applicants = 3-4 pharm schools. There are 82. Do the math.
 
Don't be depressed. I think you still have a good chance. I'm in a similar situation. Since I have a really low GPA, and I can't apply to many schools, the only one I've applied to is UMKC, because of grade forgiveness, which brings my GPA to a 3.1 with a PCAT of an 85. It's nothing spectacular, but I hope they look beyond the GPA and PCAT and give me a chance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, seeing how everyone and their brother got above the 90th percentile, I don't feel so great about my 97 anymore. I don't know, maybe more people are prone to post their scores if they were good. It is a percentile score, so my previous statement automatically doesn't make sense, haha. Great job though.
 
Yeah, seeing how everyone and their brother got above the 90th percentile, I don't feel so great about my 97 anymore. I don't know, maybe more people are prone to post their scores if they were good. It is a percentile score, so my previous statement automatically doesn't make sense, haha. Great job though.

You dont feel great about your 97? All you people in the 90's, hell probably 84 or better got nothing to worry about. Two of my friends got into Midwestern, one in AZ the other in Chicago and their PCATs were 86 and 78 respectively. If any of your dont get in, it wont be because of your PCAT score thats for sure, itll probably come down to simple bad luck. Good luck to you all.
 
I am also a concerned pre-req taker that currently has a relativly low GPA(3.3) but on the bright side of things is that i'm getting an A in organic right now and that will help my GPA some.....
anyway... my real question is..

About how high do i need to score on the PCAT to be concidered compeditive??? >90? >85? >80? >75???... what about?
 
I am also a concerned pre-req taker that currently has a relativly low GPA(3.3) but on the bright side of things is that i'm getting an A in organic right now and that will help my GPA some.....
anyway... my real question is..

About how high do i need to score on the PCAT to be concidered compeditive??? >90? >85? >80? >75???... what about?

From what I hear from most people and usually this forum as well, anything above 80 is solid and anything above 90 is reaaaaaaaaaaaally good.
 
Hi 🙂
I was overjoyed the first couple of days with my PCAT scores, but now i'm like eh? Am i a viable candidate with my GPA? (93% pcat, 3.0 gpa)...especially after seeing so many smarty pants here on this website (kudos to you all 👍 ) , I feel like I didn't deserve that celebratory dinner the night i got my results :cry:
so post here if you need a pat on the back or some reassurance. No, this isn't a sympathy thread...it's a thread to encourage optimism in a highly competitive environment, and to help realize we'll all get in to pharm school, some day, some how, even if we have to bribe someone :meanie:


Yeah HI....I got a 66 on the PCAT, a 66!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious😱
 
Hi 🙂
I was overjoyed the first couple of days with my PCAT scores, but now i'm like eh? Am i a viable candidate with my GPA? (93% pcat, 3.0 gpa)...especially after seeing so many smarty pants here on this website (kudos to you all 👍 ) , I feel like I didn't deserve that celebratory dinner the night i got my results :cry:
so post here if you need a pat on the back or some reassurance. No, this isn't a sympathy thread...it's a thread to encourage optimism in a highly competitive environment, and to help realize we'll all get in to pharm school, some day, some how, even if we have to bribe someone :meanie:

Good job, 93 on the pcat is awesome. 👍 you couldn't have really done any better on the pcat, as getting a 99 as opposed to a 93 seems relatively insignificant. So as far as your celebration, it was deserved. On the other hand, yes, a 3.0 gpa is probably alittle bit iffy these days, but not too shabby either. If you are concerned about it, do some more classes to boost your gpa...Also, make your the rest of your application is solid with work experience, community involvement etc...All in all, don't get discouraged...think about what it would have been like if you woulda got 60% like alot of others on the pcat...along with your 3.0 gpa...how discouraged would you have been then??? Good luck🙂
 
YooperPharm, your avatar is funny! Although I'm a USC alum, so we'll actually be rivals until after New Years Day 😀 heh.

Hey best of luck to your team:laugh: !! Cept you guys better be ready because we're a little mad we got passed over for that silly SEC team... good effort against UCLA tho:meanie: ! Anyway... and yeah your right... we can be friends again after the 1st if the year!... 😎
 
I am also a concerned pre-req taker that currently has a relativly low GPA(3.3) but on the bright side of things is that i'm getting an A in organic right now and that will help my GPA some.....
anyway... my real question is..

About how high do i need to score on the PCAT to be concidered compeditive??? >90? >85? >80? >75???... what about?

2.8 is relatively low! I don't know what you are talking about lol.
 
93 is good.
people who participate on these forums are people CARE about how other ppl are doin and are smart enough to get some info on pharmacy schools/pcats/careers etc thru these forums.

the thousands of people who performed worse than you are prolly not the people who would take their time and participate in these forums.

I'm taking my pcats for the first time in Jan.
Lets hope I get a 93. =))
 
I accidentally posted twice, and I don't know how to delete posts, so I just edited it and replaced it with this nonsensical sentence. Please read on. Thanks. 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
93 is good.
people who participate on these forums are people CARE about how other ppl are doin and are smart enough to get some info on pharmacy schools/pcats/careers etc thru these forums.

the thousands of people who performed worse than you are prolly not the people who would take their time and participate in these forums.

I'm taking my pcats for the first time in Jan.
Lets hope I get a 93. =))

lol, I guess you are right. I'm sure you'll do great on the PCAT. It's probably the easiest part of the application process.
Thanks for all the encouragement from everybody.
My problem is I'm applying super late to my schools. I missed the PharmCAS deadline on many, and the rest I'm near the supplemental application deadline...no, I'm not lazy...I'm just ummm...oblivious :idea:
Anyway, there's always 2008, huh? At least then I'll be on time with my applications.
All this pharm school stuff is so stressful. It seems like we've got to write a hundred personal statements.
But all for the best, I hope. 🙂
 
I am also a concerned pre-req taker that currently has a relativly low GPA(3.3) but on the bright side of things is that i'm getting an A in organic right now and that will help my GPA some.....
anyway... my real question is..

About how high do i need to score on the PCAT to be concidered compeditive??? >90? >85? >80? >75???... what about?

3.3 is not bad at all!!!
Get a good PCAT, around mid 80's, and I think you're set to go 👍

I wanna get into Midwestern CPG the most because my baby niece and baby nephew are here, but dang, I didn't know how competitive it seems to be! CCP seems more lax, while I'd expect it not to be because of the vibrant city Chicago (my home town :faint: )
Come on, AZ over IL? Doesn't make sense....