This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

Going2BeADoctor

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my applications to highly-ranked, research-heavy schools, I made clear my interest in both research and rural medicine. Was this a mistake? In hindsight, I feel like I should have kept the latter part under wraps, because it sorta implies that I don’t have an interest in academia (which I don’t, but I’d still like to contribute to clinical research).
If you're a person who grew up in the suburbs and never has set foot in a rural location, then you'll be seen as disingenuous or naïve. If you have experiences in both, then you'll be fine. Walk the walk, don't merely talk the talk.

Reactions: 2 users
it is possible to engage in clinical research in a rural setting. There may even be studies to determine manners of treating common diseases that are less taxing and thus more acceptable on rural patients compared with the status quo. (Eg. a shorter course of more intense treatment meaning fewer visits or a shorter time away from home compared with usual care).

Reactions: 1 user