Diseases to Know

Started by rs37982
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rs37982

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the Biology section for the practice test, there are so many random diseases they ask questions about. I was wondering if there was a list of general diseases we should know for the PCAT?

Also, same with hormones, cells, bacteria, viruses, etc. that they tend to ask specific questions about?
 
I honestly think Collins Microbiology section has a good list of the few core species of bacteria and diseases that you need to know. I did, however, take a Microbiology course so I have learned about other diseases, bacteria, etc. I reviewed the Collins Microbio section the morning of the exam and scored a 99 on Bio 😀
 
I don't have the Collin's review... Is there any other list online somewhere, or anyone willing to share this list? I'd really appreciate it, thanks!