DO and ORTHO.

Started by turnster
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

turnster

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the names of any allopathic ortho residency programs that have or have had D.O.'s in their program - Or - programs that may be "more open" to accepting D.O.'s into their program?

Thanks
 
I don't know of any specific allopathic programs that are more favorable towards osteopathic physicians, but I think it's accurate to say that in order to even be considered by one, you have to have USMLE scores of at least 225-230 or more. From everything I've heard, Orthopedic surgery is one specialty that is places a high emphasis on numbers pretty much unanimously in their allopathic residency programs.