Do i have a shot?

Started by sa806215
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sa806215

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So like many of you I took the PCAT today. I didn't do great but I wasnt expecting to do great my preliminary scores are as followed

Bio:54
Chem:49
Critical reading: 38
Quantitative reasoning: 53
Composite:47

I actually did better than I thought I would I was really under prepared. So my GPA is a 3.0 right now, I'm going into my senior year of undergrad (cell & molec biology) I'll probably graduate with about 3.1 if everything goes well. I currently work as a pharmacy technician in a retail pharmacy I'm working towards my pharmacy tech certification . I have over 2 years of volunteer experience in a hospital setting. I also am involved in one organization at school, with a leadership position. I have 1 LOR from a pharmacist, one from a science professor, and 1 from a medical ethics professor. The school's I am planning on applying to are:
University of Maryland
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Howard University
Notre Dame of Maryland University
Temple University
Thomas Jefferson University
University of the Sciences Philadelphia
Shenandoah University

I am going to retake the pcat, but do you guys think I really have a shot with a low gpa (not exactly sure what my science gpa is but it's definitely below a 3.0)
 
I think there is always a shot, but I'm kind of in the same situation. Definitely get that PCAT up though. With the number of schools you are applying to, if you can show a demonstration of why you are the superior candidate in your personal statement or through your extracurricular activities, I think you have a good chance.
 
So like many of you I took the PCAT today. I didn't do great but I wasnt expecting to do great my preliminary scores are as followed

Bio:54
Chem:49
Critical reading: 38
Quantitative reasoning: 53
Composite:47

I actually did better than I thought I would I was really under prepared. So my GPA is a 3.0 right now, I'm going into my senior year of undergrad (cell & molec biology) I'll probably graduate with about 3.1 if everything goes well. I currently work as a pharmacy technician in a retail pharmacy I'm working towards my pharmacy tech certification . I have over 2 years of volunteer experience in a hospital setting. I also am involved in one organization at school, with a leadership position. I have 1 LOR from a pharmacist, one from a science professor, and 1 from a medical ethics professor. The school's I am planning on applying to are:
University of Maryland
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Howard University
Notre Dame of Maryland University
Temple University
Thomas Jefferson University
University of the Sciences Philadelphia
Shenandoah University

I am going to retake the pcat, but do you guys think I really have a shot with a low gpa (not exactly sure what my science gpa is but it's definitely below a 3.0)

Your PCAT score + mine = best friends 😀

Have you heard of Appalachian College? Their average GPA is a 3.0
I'm planning to apply there since I live in VA and my stats aren't impressive.
I actually know someone who graduated from there 2 years ago and she's now working at CVS.
 
Hey guys,
I was wondering what to think of my PCAT scores?
Bio: 69
Chem: 43 🙁
Reading Comp: 91 :O
Quant: 67 (a lot higher than I expected LOL)
Comp: 70

I really want to go to Mercer or UGA. I'm currently a Mercer undegrad with a GPA around 3.2. I'm on track to receive a B.S in Biology and a B.A in Communication Studies Spring 2017. I'm a certified pharmacy technician with Kroger for 1.5 years. I've done research and have been published once. I will have really great LOR's, 2 from 2 pharmacy managers and 2 from professors (1 being assistant chair of the bio dept that I did research with).
Do you all think I have a chance? Mercer and UGA's min PCAT composites are both 50 and minimum GPA is 3.0, but I think my math and science GPA might be a bit lower than that. Overall would be a 3.2 ish.