Do i really need a cosigner?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

butterfly18

Hello
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is there anyway you can get a student loan for pharmacy school without having a cosigner and no collateral? I may be in this predicament and i just wanted to know if it is possible?
 
is there anyway you can get a student loan for pharmacy school without having a cosigner and no collateral? I may be in this predicament and i just wanted to know if it is possible?

You should be able to get federal student loans. You don't need a cosigner or collateral for those, just have to fill out your FASFA. 🙂 If you need any additional loans you may need a cosigner depending on your credit, or you may have a higher interest rate. Hope that helps a little. Also you could talk to the financial aid office of the school you are applying to.
 
is there anyway you can get a student loan for pharmacy school without having a cosigner and no collateral? I may be in this predicament and i just wanted to know if it is possible?

approved for almost 100K in private loans w/ no cosigner, I don't have a lot of credit history, but I do have good credit. Also, the rates are slightly higher w/o a cosigner.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks that gives me some kind of hope...but do u have a house or a car?

at the time of school starting i had leased a new car a couple months earlier. no house yet or soon since our market has really shot up. this year we leased a 2nd car and no problem on the loans.
 
approved for almost 100K in private loans w/ no cosigner, I don't have a lot of credit history, but I do have good credit. Also, the rates are slightly higher w/o a cosigner.

Can you give us some insight as to which private loans you found to be the best?