Do I stand a chance??

Started by MR. C
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MR. C

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my scores for the PCAT yesterday...

Verbal 422 82%
Biology 423 83%
Reading 423 83%
Quantitative 406 64%:scared:
Chem 419 80%
Composite 419 83%
Writing 3

I have a GPA of 3.33, mostly because Im terrible at English.
Organic 1&2 AA
Cell Biology A
Biodiversity A
Physics A
Comp 1&2 CC

Also, I have little to no pharacy experience. Ive tried to do some volunteer work until I can take the pharm tech test in Jan, but its harder than I thought. Im hoping to get the chance to get some experience soon.. Do I have any chance at all?

Im thinking about retaking the PCAT also, I believe I can pull that math score up as well as biology and chem some.. I was really hoping to get in the low 90s. Do you think Im waisting my time(and money) applying or do I have atleast a chance?😕
 
Yes you do have a chance. That fact that you are volunteering in a pharmacy is probably just as good as working as a tech depending on how often you are volunteering. I would recommend retaking the PCAT to see if your scores come up any, and then you'll have an even better chance! Keep in mind also that it depends on which school you apply to, because some have higher standards than others. Good luck!
 
To those people who didn't do well, I wish you the best luck and don't be afraid to try again. I'm a very average person, and here is the breakdown of my PCAT score:
Verbal Ability: 393 40
Biology: 415 74
Reading: 430 89
Math: 430 89
Chemistry: 418 82 Writing score: 3

I studied so much hard for the 2nd time for a month and a half. I was surprised to see to my math score becasue I thought I did horrible and didn't have time to finish. Overall, things have improved from the 1st time except for Verbal because English is not my first language, and the anologies are very tricky anyways!

I am applying to UF for financial reasons, and nine other schools as well. By the end of the semster, I will have a 3.77 Science GPA, and I hope my newly improved PCAT and GPA will get me into somewhere!
 
To those people who didn't do well, I wish you the best luck and don't be afraid to try again. I'm a very average person, and here is the breakdown of my PCAT score:
Verbal Ability: 393 40
Biology: 415 74
Reading: 430 89
Math: 430 89
Chemistry: 418 82 Writing score: 3

I studied so much hard for the 2nd time for a month and a half. I was surprised to see to my math score becasue I thought I did horrible and didn't have time to finish. Overall, things have improved from the 1st time except for Verbal because English is not my first language, and the anologies are very tricky anyways!

I am applying to UF for financial reasons, and nine other schools as well. By the end of the semster, I will have a 3.77 Science GPA, and I hope my newly improved PCAT and GPA will get me into somewhere!

What Composite score is that?!