DO letter for AMCAS

Started by Faze2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Faze2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am submitting 4 letters for my AMCAS. 2 from science professors, one from and MD, and one from a DO. They are all solid letters, but I was wondering if the DO letter is not good for MD schools. Obviously I can leave it out and only use 3 letters, but I feel that the DO letter will be strong. I am just not sure if he knew I was using it for all schools as well. I don't know if he included things like "why I would be good for Osteopathic medicine." I am applying to DO schools as well, and obviously using his letter for that, but should I leave it out of the AMCAS? I can ask my pre-med advisor too to look at it and at least let me know what she thinks, but I wanted to ask you guys too. Since I love you all so much. 😍
 
I am submitting 4 letters for my AMCAS. 2 from science professors, one from and MD, and one from a DO. They are all solid letters, but I was wondering if the DO letter is not good for MD schools. Obviously I can leave it out and only use 3 letters, but I feel that the DO letter will be strong. I am just not sure if he knew I was using it for all schools as well. I don't know if he included things like "why I would be good for Osteopathic medicine." I am applying to DO schools as well, and obviously using his letter for that, but should I leave it out of the AMCAS? I can ask my pre-med advisor too to look at it and at least let me know what she thinks, but I wanted to ask you guys too. Since I love you all so much. 😍

There is no downside in using a letter from a physician regardless of degree.
 
I wouldn't hesitate to include any strong letter from a professional who knows you.

That said, be very thorough in reviewing each school's LOR requirements. I found out, too late, about letters I couldn't get. I think UWisc had the most required letters, 3 faculty and one other.

Best of luck to you.