Does it look bad to have GPA boosted through community college courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DZinTheGame

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm an international student willing to apply to med here in the USA and I have some worries about how the admissions committees will see my transcript.

I have read in websites of multiple med schools that they assess our academic records. I took about +30 credits outside my home institution for the sake of boosting my amcas gpa very quickly, the courses I took are about psychology, IT and even physiology (I still took all of the prereqs in my home institution with A-/A in all of them).

I was wondering if the admissions committees will see this negatively, especially since some of these courses are not relevant to my degree?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You admit taking courses unrelated to your degree at a school other than your home institution with the goal or raising your AMCAS GPA. Schools will either ding you for this or they won't care. You must report these classes and what's done is done so there isn't much point in asking this question, is there?

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
You admit taking courses unrelated to your degree at a school other than your home institution with the goal or raising your AMCAS GPA. Schools will either ding you for this or they won't care. You must report these classes and what's done is done so there isn't much point in asking this question, is there?
Thank you!!