Does pharmcas round up when calculating?

Started by a student
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

a student

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just happened to end up with a 3.399 gpa. On my undergrad school transcript, they just left it as 3.39. I was wondering if pharmcas would actually round it up to a 3.40. 😀
 
They will not round "up" or "down". Instead they will round "out". Rounding out the space in the nine 9 into a full-on 0 for 3.300! 😛

I would imagine that if it is out to two places then the 3.399 would become 3.40. If out to three then the 3.399 will hold. But I really don't think the discrepancy will push a decision either way. At least I hope not. Hopefully someone out there knows the answer with certainty, but I believe the general rounding procedures will hold.