General Does the title of the LOR writer matter?

Started by Question
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I asked one of my courses' instructors for a LOR, and she agreed. But she told me that she's only a Ph.D. candidate and wasn't sure if her LOR would be of much value. I didn't think it mattered, but I also know that getting LORs from Professor is ideal. How much does the title of the LOR writer matter?

— Experts please respond to this post —
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Preferably your professor of record should write the letter or should co-sign... but usually it makes more sense if it is involving a research lab, not a course. Others undergrad supplemental instructors would be asked to write LORs, and that would not help at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.