DO's in MD residencies.

Started by joero1234
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

joero1234

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm about to begin my first year of DO school and noticed the small # of DO residency programs. For all you DO's in MD residencies, I was just wondering how difficult was it to get placed into the MD residencies? Is there anything I can be doing in med school besides getting stellar grades to help me get placed in a great residency program (DO or MD)? Any info appreciated. Thnx
 
Doing rotations at academic MD hospitals and obtaining letters of recc from academic MD's, your USMLE score, and doing research should all help your overall application.
 
I would take the USMLE. At least in CA, many places did not seem to know what to do with COMLEX. Besides, it's straight up way to compare you to other applicants.