Dr. Collins Ochem section

Started by rickmtz5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rickmtz5

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Dr. Collins Ochem section seems pretty detailed and challenging because I'm barely taking ochem right now. Does anybody have any advice on to which parts of the ochem study guide I should focus more on?
 
Pretty much all the reactions: Substitution, Elimination, Dehydration, Hydration, Markovnikov's Rule, etc. It you review the reactions enough times, on the exam you can identify the correct answer quickly without having to write out the entire reaction.
 
Pretty much all the reactions: Substitution, Elimination, Dehydration, Hydration, Markovnikov's Rule, etc. It you review the reactions enough times, on the exam you can identify the correct answer quickly without having to write out the entire reaction.

Thank you for that advice!! I appreciate it 🙂
 
Thank you for that advice!! I appreciate it 🙂

You'll also want to look over oxidation, condensation, and acid hydrolysis reactions. I think Dr. Collins material is pretty spot on for the necessary ochem material. Go over the problems and you'll see reoccurring ochem problems. Dr. Collins is actually pretty spot on for ALL chem!! 🙂