This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lionWushi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Unless there is a possibility of failing, I would not take a W. You can explain away a C if necessary (e.g. "I struggled significantly with the content of physics and more importantly, the way our professor tested us. However I eventually overcame this by learning how to study and test myself in different ways, though I still made a C…I can further attest to my learning experience with my great physical section score on the MCAT…etc.). More importantly, there is no reason to withdraw if you have a possibility of an A. There are a lot more significant "risks" you're going to have to take in the medical profession. It seems like the problem you're having is adapting to your professor's style of questions (and that you're scared you can't), but your bigger problem is that adapting to stylistic questions is the entirety of the MCAT. So this would be a great practice to learn to shift your frame of mind, actually. Besides if you withdraw and med schools ask you why, responding with "I think the professor asked questions unfairly, and I couldn't get used to his style of asking questions," is a terrible response...

Reactions: 1 user
Average of 89% on an exam? Sounds too easy.

As and Cs aren't the only grade option. There's about 10% worth of a B in between them. Why would you drop a course when you can still get an A in it?