Dropped courses

Started by argon18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

argon18

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently failing Physics 2. I think I might not be able to get a C and the Drop deadline is Friday. Do you think I should drop? Does it look really bad in the transcript? (it would be my 1st drop)

People who have been in the same situation, already-accepted pharmacy students, anyone.....please help
 
Definitely drop, I made the mistake of not dropping Physics 1 because I was scared and naively thought I could pull it up, a W is better than a D or F. The exams don't get easier, borderline C is no place to be if you are struggling. Just think, you have to retake the course anyways if you receive a D or F.

I am currently failing Physics 2. I think I might not be able to get a C and the Drop deadline is Friday. Do you think I should drop? Does it look really bad in the transcript? (it would be my 1st drop)

People who have been in the same situation, already-accepted pharmacy students, anyone.....please help
 
drop it like its hot, hell I drop when I had a B in a class because I thought it was gonna get harder. Physics 2 isn't gonna get any easier.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Def drop. a few W's wont reflect badly at all.. plus a D or F will hurt your gpa a lot so drop it!
 
I dropped trig the first time I tried it, two weeks into the course because I had failed the first two quizzes. So I have a W on my transcript.
 
Just don't make W's a habit. I don't like W's just because I don't want to waste space or my breathe explaining W's, when I can be talking about something else (either during my interview or on my PS).

Although if it comes down to a C or below, I'll definitely take a W any day of the week.
 
Don't some schools allow a drop with no penalty? I swear there's a grace period (I think 2-3 weeks) where you can sit and do whatever and decide whether or not to go on.
 
Don't some schools allow a drop with no penalty? I swear there's a grace period (I think 2-3 weeks) where you can sit and do whatever and decide whether or not to go on.

yea, but W's occur when you drop after the grace period. I believe up to the 75% class completion mark (or something like that).