Dropping the same course twice??

Started by achin328
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

achin328

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone. I am currently taking a Calculus 3 level course and it's totally kicking my butt. I took the class before and dropped it because I couldn't afford another C on my transcript. And currently I'm not doing great, got a 62 on my first exam (class average was a 60) and a 45 on my midterm. I took a C for my Calculus 2 level course because it's probably known to be one of the most stressful classes in my college.

I know 3 levels of calculus is pretty rare for a pre-req in most pharmacy schools and I do plan on retaking it in the summer, which is also when I plan to take my PCATs. Any advice would be helpful 🙂
 
I dropped the same class twice...Genetics...YUCK! The first time was more because of time and location of the class but unfortunately I waited long enough to give me a W on my transcript. The second time was this past summer when I took an incomplete in the class due to illness. I am now making it up this term and hopefully I will actually get through it considering it is the last class I need to graduate! When I applied to school I was worried this would be a red flag and make me look flaky but they never mentioned it and I got in early decision at my school! I think it depends on your school, your other grades, etc. Truthfully...If I look back at my transcripts I also took general bio 2 like three times (one withdrawl, one D and one C) and I still got in...probably because it was almost 5 years ago and in the last 3 years I have gotten straight A's in all my upper division sciences so that probably outweighed my poor grades in intro bio and showed growth and change.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad