Early admission programs

Started by btpayne13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

btpayne13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many schools have early admission programs that accept you after your junior year in high school? How hard is it to get accepted after your junior year?
 
I'm not sure I even understand your question. There's no school that would allow you to matriculate before you earn your high school diploma. Is that what you mean? Make use of the stickied FAQs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure I even understand your question. There's no school that would allow you to matriculate before you earn your high school diploma. Is that what you mean? Make use of the stickied FAQs.
What I meant was that I read in a book that you can apply to some schools after your junior year in high school, but I don't know how credible the book is. There were some other things in it that I questioned.
 
I think you're talking about 0+6 schools, you apply to them in high school and matriculate right into the pharmacy program. It's 6 years long: 2 years pre-pharmacy coursework and 4 years professional coursework. As I mentioned, make use of the sticked FAQs at the top of the forum. They are really helpful with these kind of questions. Here's a link to the section that lists 0+6 schools.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=1700947#post1700947