Early Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ansari87ay

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to UT, Uof H, A & M, and Texas tech university. If i send my application in for early decision and dont get in, will they put my application back in the pile for regular admission?
 
yes.

I'll expand a little
UT doesn't really have early decision. They have 4 interview dates. If you apply early, it increases your chances to be interviewed earlier. But after each round of interviews they will accept some students and defer the rest to be reviewed in the following round.

Texas Tech does have early decision, and if you do not make the early decision cut they will review you with the regular admissions pool.

For UH, i'm not completely sure how they do things. I didn't apply early and was rejected without an opportunity to interview. But I assume if they do have early decision it would be like Techs.

For A&M they interview everyone they want to interview first, then send out all acceptances at the same time. So essentially there is no early decision.
 
Last edited:
Anyone know if Northstate (CA) is only accepting high school grad for early admission?