Early assurance/ 0-6 pharmacy programs?

Started by lamalectr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lamalectr

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a senior in high school, and I have a list of schools that I'm applying to, but I know I need more, including some safety schools just in case. My SAT's aren't impressive, as I have a 1780. And I have a weighted GPA of 4.1. What colleges have early assurance programs? So far I know there's Duquesne University and Albany College, which are probably within my reach. Hopefully.
Do you know of other schools with early assurance or 0-6 programs?
Also, what schools are you applying to? 🙂

Here's some of the other schools that I'm also applying to:
UOP
St. Louis College of pharmacy
St. John's University
Massachusetts
USP
URI
Presbyterian College

Thanks guys!
 
I'm a senior in high school, and I have a list of schools that I'm applying to, but I know I need more, including some safety schools just in case. My SAT's aren't impressive, as I have a 1780. And I have a weighted GPA of 4.1. What colleges have early assurance programs? So far I know there's Duquesne University and Albany College, which are probably within my reach. Hopefully.
Do you know of other schools with early assurance or 0-6 programs?
Also, what schools are you applying to? 🙂

Here's some of the other schools that I'm also applying to:
UOP
St. Louis College of pharmacy
St. John's University
Massachusetts
USP
URI
Presbyterian College

Thanks guys!

I thought STLCOP isn't 0-6 anymore starting 2014, and the others will follow suit soon. Anyway, if you do get accepted, pick one that's been around for a while (so not Presbyterian) and is cheaper. I went to USP and am not liking those student loans.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought STLCOP isn't 0-6 anymore starting 2014, and the others will follow suit soon. Anyway, if you do get accepted, pick one that's been around for a while (so not Presbyterian) and is cheaper. I went to USP and am not liking those student loans.
Oh okay, but how do you like USP? I know, these schools are so expensive. Maybe I should try the traditional 8 years instead..
For the early assurance and 0-6, what happens if you don't meet the required GPA to transfer to the professional stage?
 
I'm a senior in high school, and I have a list of schools that I'm applying to, but I know I need more, including some safety schools just in case. My SAT's aren't impressive, as I have a 1780. And I have a weighted GPA of 4.1. What colleges have early assurance programs? So far I know there's Duquesne University and Albany College, which are probably within my reach. Hopefully.
Do you know of other schools with early assurance or 0-6 programs?
Also, what schools are you applying to? 🙂

Here's some of the other schools that I'm also applying to:
UOP
St. Louis College of pharmacy
St. John's University
Massachusetts
USP
URI
Presbyterian College

Thanks guys!

I believe PharmCAS has a longer list, but off the top of my head, Rutgers University in New Jersey also has a 0-6 program.
 
Oh okay, but how do you like USP? I know, these schools are so expensive. Maybe I should try the traditional 8 years instead..
For the early assurance and 0-6, what happens if you don't meet the required GPA to transfer to the professional stage?

I didn't like it too much, but it got the job done of getting me out in 6 years so now I'm a clinical pharmacist at 25. If you don't meet the required GPA, well then you're out of pharmacy and can get a BS in something
 
Hello!
I am currently a P2 student at ACPHS and thought I could give you some helpful information. ACPHS does have an early assurance program. If you are accepted early assurance, you will have to meet 4 criteria in order to progress into the professional years: GPA of 3.0, PCAT scores in the 20th percentile, a PCAT writing score of 300, and you will have to pass a faculty interview. If these four criteria are met by the end of the pre-pharmacy program, then you will not have to reapply via PharmCas, and you can progress into the professional years. I hope this was helpful, and good luck!