Emailing programs about fellowship openings

Started by Iliopsoas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Iliopsoas

Neurointensivist
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recommendations on how to find out if a program is planning on filling their fellowship spots internally?

Some programs have 1 or 2 spots and they save the spots for internal candidates? Should I just email the program director or is this generally frowned upon?
 
Any recommendations on how to find out if a program is planning on filling their fellowship spots internally?

Some programs have 1 or 2 spots and they save the spots for internal candidates? Should I just email the program director or is this generally frowned upon?

Would not present it that way. Just email and ask, "are there any open positions that I may apply for"