EP vs ICU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chrisgo418

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been working in the ICU for 13 months as an RN and was offered a position in the Electrophysiology clinic. How would making this switch affect my current cycle apps or next cycle if I need to reapply. Would adcoms view either area in more regard and could there be a negative aspect from “lack of commitment” since I changed jobs.
 
No, as long as you are working with patients. I have moved around as an RN in my 4 years and it wasn't brought up. Just have concrete examples of times when you advocated for patients, etc.