Error in O'Sullivan Test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kleighhoot

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reviewing what I got wrong and came across this in an explanation

"Subtalar joint pronation will occur as the talus plantarflexes, adducts and inverts"

I thought the components of pronation were hindfoot eversion, forefoot abduction and talocural dorsiflexion.

Am I missing something is subtalar pronation completely different than pronation? Or am I just overreacting and O'Sullivan is wrong?
 
Yes the STJ can pronate itself- I always considered it to be PF/ADD or DF/ABD, but I can buy inversion too!
The foot as a whole also pronates.
For pronation the calcaneous must evert, talus pf & add, and tibia internal/medial rotation
(Supination would be the opposite and the above only applies when weight bearing)