Establishing Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

big_pharma

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone here had success in utilizing school guidelines for establishing residency in a new state before starting the program?

I am aware of the policy set forth by the school I'm looking at applying to, but am curious to review any feedback about snags that may be encountered along the way.

I currently work as a pharmaceutical QC chemist in the town that I have lived in my whole life and obtained my bachelor's. I competed my master's in pharmaceutical chemistry through the distance education program at the university of Florida. My concern is that even if I take the appropriate actions to obtain residency and in state tuition with utmost compliance to the school policy, I may not lockdown that benefit.

As it stands, I am preparing to sell my house, quit my job here, move across the country with my wife and son, and take a new job, new place to love, register my vehicle, register to vote, etc.

Any words of wisdom here are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!