Extention

Started by Petek
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Petek

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone tried to get an extention on the time allowed before accepting and acceptance? I really can't afford two deposits and I have not heard from my top choice school.
 
Has anyone tried to get an extention on the time allowed before accepting and acceptance? I really can't afford two deposits and I have not heard from my top choice school.

I can't see this being a good idea.
You: "I'd like an extension on my acceptance deadline"
ADCOM: "Why"
You: "I'd rather go to another school but haven't heard from them"
ADCOM: "We're withdrawing your acceptance"

or

You: "I can't come up with the money right now"
ADCOM: "Then we'll find someone who will, bye"
 
Sorry Petek, a lot of us were in the same boat and forked over the deposit amount. It stinks that DO schools require a decision so quickly, but I haven't heard of anybody getting an extension.

I don't necessarily recommend it, but some schools might let you put the deposit on a credit card if you don't have enough cash right now.