Extremely Random Question about Accepting and declining?

Started by Zapages
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Zapages

Scientist
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My Uncle told me that even if you get accepted at a school, but you later decline them so you can go somewhere else. It still goes on your resume/CV that you got accepted there. So it looks really good on Resume/CV...

Its the first time I am hearing of this. I am just want to make sure a thing like this occurs, because its really sounds far fetched and kind of weird if its true.

Thanks.
 
Yes, I personally think it would be odd to list a school on your resume that you never attended. Even if you specifically put on your resume that you were accepted to so and so school and not attending it, it still seems really silly to me. Plus when I list a school on my resume, I usually put the dates I attended said school as well as what degree I obtained etc.
 
Yeah don't put a school on your resume that you never attended. If you add such trivial details you'll get one of those 4 page resumes that end up in the bin before anyone looks at it.