This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1118591

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much the same way failing any other class looks. All "pass/fail" means is that D/F are lumped together as "fail" and "A/B/C" are lumped together as "pass".

The actual mechanics might change at your institution, but at mine faculty input the grade and the registrar's office change it to a pass or fail based on the handbook language for the cutoff.

Reactions: 1 user
Checked other threads and couldn't find an answer to this specific question. How bad does it look to fail a pass/fail class? The course in question has absolutely nothing to do with anything I'm studying or premed prereqs, it's just a random elective I took for fun (before figuring out that it was really hard and NOT fun...). I took an incomplete on it last semester and the deadline for turning in my work before it turns into an F is coming up soon, but I'm afraid that putting in the hours of work to finish everything will hurt my grades in my other classes/my MCAT prep/working on my application (I'm applying this year).
Adcoms won't know it's P/F. An F is an F.

It won't be lethal, but you have to do better from now on.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro My school notates failed pass/fail courses differently from failed graded courses, does that matter?
Also, I'm graduating this semester (and my GPA is decent enough - ~3.85c/3.7s), so there's not really any "doing better" from here on out...
It wouldn't make any difference to me; you still failed.

An F in a sea of good grades is worrisome.

Do whatever you can do to not fail this course. It's more important than you think.

Reactions: 1 user
How bad does it look to fail a pass/fail class? The course in question has absolutely nothing to do with anything I'm studying or premed prereqs, it's just a random elective I took for fun (before figuring out that it was really hard and NOT fun...). I took an incomplete on it last semester and the deadline for turning in my work before it turns into an F is coming up soon, but I'm afraid that putting in the hours of work to finish everything will hurt my grades in my other classes/my MCAT prep/working on my application (I'm applying this year).
My school notates failed pass/fail courses differently from failed graded courses, does that matter?
Also, I'm graduating this semester (and my GPA is decent enough - ~3.85c/3.7s), so there's not really any "doing better" from here on out...
Earning an F in this class will not be a good look, but the good news (if you didn't already know) is that for AMCAS, a failed P/F class does not affect your application GPAs. It will be listed as Supplemental Hours at the bottom of the GPA grid. An AMCAS Verified Grade Point Averages summary will be organized like this:

1649984870576.png

Reactions: 1 users