Famu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

imherenow83

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i have been reading numerous threads throughout the forum on FAMU, most have been negative but i am still curious, i have a b.s in health, been working in the pharmacy for about a year now, and am currently at howard finishing up my pre requisites. Even though i am currently at a pharmacy school i still wanted to apply to other pharmacy school becuase howard is way to expensive. FAMU seems to have alot of flaws but its still some place i can afford without taking out tons of loans. I was wondering if i can transfer into there pre pharmacy program and finish the rest of my classes there being that its hard to transfer directly into the pharmacy program. i have 5 more classes i need to take.
 
According to American association of colleges of pharmacy website(www.aacp.org), a college student -OR- graduate CAN transfer to a 6year pharmacy program if there are seats available. I called FAMU about a week ago and asked if it was possible for a college student to transfer to their pre-pharm program and I was told "no". The lady who I spoke with told me that FAMU only screens pre-pharm applicants who are in high school. She also said that once a college student has earned 12 college credits, he/she is no longer eligible for their 6year program. I am not sure how much truth their is to this but I would suggest that you call and ask for yourself.

Good luck!:luck: