FCVS-ECFMG-State board issue

Started by MadSci
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MadSci

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

4 mo ago I filed documents with FCVS in order to get state license. My home country also sent my Medical transcripts to ECFMG all translated and notarized. I called a while ago to ask why my documents are not submitted to the state board and I was told to wait 10-14 business days for ECFMG to submit the documents to FCVS..Today (14 day latter) I called again to check on the status and was told that ECFMG did not submit the documents to FCVS and now FCVS has to file a formal request so I can wait additional 10-14 business days for ECFMG to respond. If ECFMG responds there will be 15 business days for a QA/QC for the FCVS before they send the documents to the state boards and additional 10 business days for the boards to issue a license..The total estimated time for completion the way I see it will be another 2 months. Now with the holidays cumming Im afraid that it may actually take a lot longer.

Any advice ? Would you just sit and wait...any ideas...

ms
 
Update:
Well sometimes you have to fight for your rights..so I spoke with the supervisor and let him know that I can subpoena the documents and have them come to the court and pay for flights and hotels and court issues etc..etc..and that basically will be a big pain for all of us...so they got the documents 20 min later.

Advice to all graduating fellows looking for a job: get FCVS application at least 5-6mo before your graduation time....

ms