Feedback on Personal Statement

Started by lingmed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lingmed

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I am submitting a late application (I know it's generally discouraged and stacks the deck against you a bit) and I just finished a first draft of my personal statement. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to read it over and tell me what they think.

A bit about me: I completed a post-bacc five years ago, took the MCAT and scored a 33, but never applied to med school--I ended up working in startups/tech instead.

I have been taking biochem this year online, took the MCAT on 9/9 (don't have a score yet), and I have been putting together my application for the last few weeks.

Thanks for your help!!

Cheers
 
Hey all,

I am submitting a late application (I know it's generally discouraged and stacks the deck against you a bit) and I just finished a first draft of my personal statement. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to read it over and tell me what they think.

A bit about me: I completed a post-bacc five years ago, took the MCAT and scored a 33, but never applied to med school--I ended up working in startups/tech instead.

I have been taking biochem this year online, took the MCAT on 9/9 (don't have a score yet), and I have been putting together my application for the last few weeks.

Thanks for your help!!

Cheers

Hey mate,

Happy to give it a read and provide some feedback. Just DM me and please put it in a google doc link so I can make comments!