T

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OMFS2021

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That ochem score though :eek: So the bio section had a lot of tricky questions? Because I see a lot of people saying that the questions themselves aren't too difficult, but rather the broad range of topics that can be asked about is what makes bio difficult. Like did you miss questions because you couldn't identify some of the key terms? Also, did you use Feralis notes? I'm in the process of studying so I just want to know what I'm getting myself into.

I agree with you, my Bio was also much more difficult than any of my practice tests. Congratulations on your scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
SCORES:

PAT-19
QR-20
RC-21
BIO-19
GC-21
OC-30
AA-22

First off, I want to say that achieving a good DAT score is not impossible by any means. I was beyond nervous, but you get out of something what you put into it. IT TAKES TIME.

PAT- I used bootcamp and thought it was fairly comparable. I was getting between 20-21 on bootcamp, but got a 19 on the DAT. I was kinda confused because so many friends and forums stated bootcamp would be harder, but I disagree. Angle were definitely easier on the DAT, but key holes were waaaaay harder in my opinion. Overall, I think bootcamp is of good value in this area.

QR- I used math destroyer and bootcamp. Don't worry about timing as much at first, LEARN the material especially problems that come up over and over again like the "age problems" and combined work for example. I have always been very good in math, but you'd be surprised how slow you get over time when you don't deal with certain aspects of math and equations often. I was getting 18-20 on bootcamp and a 20 on the DAT. Bootcamp was very comparable to actual DAT, but destroyer keeps you humble and on your toes.

RC- I only used bootcamp and felt it was very comparable. I was getting around 18-20 on the practice tests and got a 21 on the real thing. For some passages search and destroy may work, but I preferred to read the first few questions first, read half the passage, answer as many questions as possible, then read the rest of the passage. Overall, I felt that bootcamp was a little harder than the DAT.

BIO- I went through destroyer and bootcamp 3x while reading notes, along with AP Bio book. I was getting mid 20s on bootcamp, but got a 19 on the DAT. I felt Bio was the toughest and I definitely feel as I am a strong student when it comes to biology. It may have been because I rushed through it to ensure I had enough time for gen chem calculations, but each questions seemed like it had to very plausible answers and I definitely had a little trouble separating the right from wrong.

GC- I used bootcamp and destroyer and memorized every equation present in both materials. GO OVER EQUATIONS OVER AND OVER AGAIN SO THEY ARE SECOND NATURE. I felt very prepared using bootcamp and destroyer, very good sources to say the least. I was getting 21-23s on bootcamp and a 21 on the DAT.

OC- destroyer and bootcamp were EXCELLENT sources for OC. I was getting mid 20s and got a 30 on the DAT. I highly suggest memorizing the road maps, as reagent questions should be gimme questions in my opinion. It just requires time and effort. I am very thankful for bootcamp and destroyer as there was only one questions on mess compounds that made me hesitate, but I got it.

I highly recommend both bootcamp and destroyer. I also say avoid simply doing practice test after practice test. If you know the material time shouldn't be an issue. Go through bootcamp a few times before taking tests. Go through destroyer more than once, it's impossible to expect to memorize that amount of material by simply going through it once.. Keep on PAT everyday even if you mess around on the generator for 10 minutes at a time, you need to get in a rhythm and stay in it. Also, UTILIZE the new "cross out" feature to eliminate questions that you know are wrong, it helped me so much because I didn't waste time looking at wrong answers. You'll see what I mean. Best of luck!
Congratulations!

Wow, love that 30!

I like what you stated in your post, "It takes time", and that it does if you really want a high DAT score. You put in the time and it paid off huge!

Good luck in your journey to becoming a dentist..

Enjoy your summer, you deserve it!

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy