Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Earreplaceable

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I have been stressing about applying to schools in the fall. I have a 3.85 GPA (will likely graduate with a 3.9) at a relatively unknown state school. I anticipate lower to average GRE scores, am president of the audiology club at my school, average volunteer experience and a decent amount of shadowing hours. Can anyone give me insight on the likelihood of me getting into a school with an assistantship or financial help of some kind? Has anyone with similar credentials had success?
 
This sounds similar to my situation... I graduated with a 3.8, low to average GRE, I was president of my school's NSSLHA, decent volunteering, and limited shadowing. I went to a pretty small, private, and very unknown school. I got into Purdue, Ohio State, and Missouri State for the first round of admissions and I got into Indiana University from the wait list. I was not offered any scholarships at any of these schools. However, I think I declined Purdue right around the time they were giving out scholarship offers and Ohio State does not give scholarships to first year students. I am probably not the best person to give advice on this but I would recommend visiting your top schools. Good Luck!