Financing a Post Bacc Education

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mr. Adventure

Oat-Packing Dadaist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey All!

I'm shooting for U Penn, Bryn Mawyr and Columbia as the top three schools that I'm trying to get into for a post bacc pre med education. The only problem is that these schools are ridiculously expensive. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who successfully financed their post-bacc education with all federal and private loans, without having to work...
 
Hi Mr. Adventure,

I wish I was one of the lucky ones that could say I never have to work and can live off loans and grants, but alas, I am a struggling college student in all its glorious terminology. I've heard it's been done, but my recommendation to you is to start researching like mad and find as many scholarship/grant/loan opportunities as you can, and apply. The more you have, the less you'll have to worry. But consider getting a part time job if you don't want to work full time. Something productive like a waiter/bartender can earn you more than say, an office job.

I use www.studentfinancialguide.com to read up on a lot of finance info for students and have found it to be incredibly helpful. I hope you feel the same! Good luck, those are some great schools and I'm rooting for you!

Karen

257.gif



Mr. Adventure said:
Hey All!

I'm shooting for U Penn, Bryn Mawyr and Columbia as the top three schools that I'm trying to get into for a post bacc pre med education. The only problem is that these schools are ridiculously expensive. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who successfully financed their post-bacc education with all federal and private loans, without having to work...
 
Thanks Karen!!

I'm rooting for me too. 😉

I guess one thing that I'll have going for me is the G.I. Bill, so hopefully I can live on the stipend I'll be getting without having to work for the man.