First PCAT

Started by Tonyz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tonyz

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just took my first PCAT yesterday. Got 40% composite. I only studied it for a month using only Kaplan so finding out the existence of this forum is life-changing for me. I'm very scared but I'll not give up! Feeling encouraged to see lots of people with 80%s and 90%s, I'll finally get there guys, any advice are much appreciated.
 
yes get an updated dr collins and perhaps use pearson practice tests(I haven't done them myself but heard they are good). Also use sites like openstudy and youtubers like khan academy
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes get an updated dr collins and perhaps use pearson practice tests(I haven't done them myself but heard they are good). Also use sites like openstudy and youtubers like khan academy
thanks! just got Dr. Collins from someone in the forum, and planning to take the test again before next summer.
 
I took the pcat in January and got a 42% so don't feel discouraged. I bought collins, and read cliff notes biology. Looked at youtube vids on quant stuff I didn't understand. Ended up with 99 chem, 89 bio + quant, and 92 composite. YOU GOT THIS! DONT GIVE UP!
 
I took the pcat in January and got a 42% so don't feel discouraged. I bought collins, and read cliff notes biology. Looked at youtube vids on quant stuff I didn't understand. Ended up with 99 chem, 89 bio + quant, and 92 composite. YOU GOT THIS! DONT GIVE UP!
thanks man! wow this is really encouraging, I feel like I didn't know what and how to study, but now I do! 90% is my goal🙂
 
I took it for the first time two days ago and used Kaplan. I got a 91 comp but bombed verbal. Dr. Collins was too expensive for me but I've heard of people gaining as much as 40 points using it.
 
I took it for the first time two days ago and used Kaplan. I got a 91 comp but bombed verbal. Dr. Collins was too expensive for me but I've heard of people gaining as much as 40 points using it.
yeah the bad score I got was mostly because of my bad study habits, but i think Kaplan is definitely not enough. i'll try to take more practice tests
 
think so,Ended up with 99 chem, 89 bio + quant, and 92 composite. YOU GOT THIS! DONT GIVE UP!
wxlaO7
thanks!! I won't!