First year down, how can I improve?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

namormckenzie

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all!
I've been a lurker on the under 3.0 thread and I'm so inspired by all of you!
I finished my first year back to school with a 4.0 and I'm super pumped that I was able to perform the way I wanted to. I'm a mom who works about 30 hours a week. I've knocked out a few prereqs (bio and gen chem) and logged about 70 hours of service. I am coming into my new degree after a 2.9 in a culinary program, so I'm worried that my past is going to tarnish my current track record. Other than continuing to excel in my program, what should I be doing to show that I am better than my previous record? I currently work as a server/bartender, but start as a scribe next week.

Thank you in advance for your advice. I'm worried that my foray into the hospitality industry will leave me DOA before I even apply.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk