Fourth year scheduling

Started by Ilovelamp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ilovelamp

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am a third year medical student who needs some advice with fourth year scheduling with neurosurgery. My step 1 score was meh at 228. I have a couple papers coming down the pipeline. So I was wondering how I should schedule my fourth year. Should I take july off to take step 2 or should I do an elective in neurosurgery in July. If so, then when should I take step 2. I want to take a month off to study for step 2 so I can crush it. Also when should I do my surgery sub I?
Thanks for all your help.
 
The average Step 1 score creeps up higher every year for those who successfully match into neurosurgery. If I were in your position, I would take Step 2 early and crush it, then go about scheduling neurosurgery sub-Is/aways. Good luck!