Free Kaplan Tests

Started by newslang
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

newslang

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kaplan is offering a free PCAT mock test at my university. If there practice test is anything like their PCAT study guide, I imagine it is absolutely nothing like the real PCAT. Should I even bother with the kaplan mock test, or should I just pay attention to official tests offered by Harcourt?
 
i took the free pcat mock test too. i took the pcat already but didnt get the score i wanted so im going to retake it in the summer. i would say that the kaplan practice pcat test was similar to the real pcat except in the reading comprehension section.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was the reading comprehension for the kaplan test to hard or easy compared to the pcat?

The free kaplan test was unlike the pcat in the reading comprehension section because the reading was on biology and biochemistry whereas in the real pcat, they try not to be bias or something so the readings are on something unrelated to science. So u could say that the kaplan free test on reading comp was harder.
 
The free kaplan test was unlike the pcat in the reading comprehension section because the reading was on biology and biochemistry whereas in the real pcat, they try not to be bias or something so the readings are on something unrelated to science. So u could say that the kaplan free test on reading comp was harder.

I disagree. When I took the PCAT in October, ALL my reading comprehension passages were science related. Assuming it was the MCAT, then it might be true, but it isn't true of the PCAT (at least when I took it).
 
I thought the free test was harder, at least judging by my scores it was. If you have taken it before in a previous year though, beware, it could be the same free practice test as the year before. That might save you an early wake up on a weekend.