free surgical journals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I have been receiving one called Contemporary Surgery and one called General Surgery News. I did not sign up for them, so I have no idea how I started getting them.
 
You are able to get another minor journal Surgical Rounds for free as well. The better one is Archives of Surgery which is also available for free during training & is one of the major journals. You can join the candidate society for the fellows of the Americ. College of Surgery for ~ $25 which includes a subscription to the Journal of the Amer. College of Surgeons (ordinarily ~ $200/year itself) & was one of my favorites
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Archives of Surgery is published by the AMA. I'm not sure, but I think that you have to be a member to receive it. If you join the AMA and register yourself as a general surgeon, I believe you will receive all of these "throw away" journals (Contemporary Surgery, Surgical Rounds, etc.) plus Archives and the General Surgery News.