frustrated by the Kaplan sample tests

Started by zzll
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zzll

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the Kaplan book yesterday. I tried the sample tests of verbal, biology and math. I found I was only good at math. I have 9 weeks to prepare for the Oct PCAT. :scared:

You guys said you would remember 20 words per day. I would be killed by the verbal part if I only do that.

😕
 
Look for my post of the GRE top 200 in excel format. That will help significantly. My plan, as 9 weeks really is a long time, is as follows:
Chemistry:Study organic nomenclature/reactions & memorize forumulas and integrate them into example problems.

Math: Review my notes/kaplans and memorize the shortcuts for derivatives/inversions etc....

Biology: I have extremely detailed notes from both Micro and my other bio's so I am just reviewing that.

Language: I am really jsut skiming this to get a mediocre score, i have never liked memorizing words but I'm memorizing the GRE top 200 and ocasionally am reviewing latin roots.
 
Well my adivce is that you should definitely study vocab. For the rest, try to focus on your weaknesses.
 
Look for my post of the GRE top 200 in excel format. That will help significantly. My plan, as 9 weeks really is a long time, is as follows:
Chemistry:Study organic nomenclature/reactions & memorize forumulas and integrate them into example problems.

Math: Review my notes/kaplans and memorize the shortcuts for derivatives/inversions etc....

Biology: I have extremely detailed notes from both Micro and my other bio's so I am just reviewing that.

Language: I am really jsut skiming this to get a mediocre score, i have never liked memorizing words but I'm memorizing the GRE top 200 and ocasionally am reviewing latin roots.

I did download your excel file. My concern is that that's not enough for me. English is not my native language. My plan is 200 words/day and then review them at least once. I kind of got crazy and very nervous after I tried the diagnostic Kaplan test. :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What GRE Top 200 are you guys talking about???

I am looking over the SAT words [used to be in older SAT versions]. I thought that would be enough?!

Please respond.
 
I finished the Biology part of the Kaplan book on weekend. It made me feel better although I can't memorize everything. :laugh::laugh:

Is the Kaplan book enough for the biology section?