Frustrated!!!!

Started by Marenda87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Marenda87

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys i need some advice. Im trying to get into Wayne State and I feel the only thing keeping me from getting in is my PCAT scores. I have a 3.66 GPA but the first time i took the pcat in JAN i got a 45 i retook the pcat in aug and got a 60. is there any hope that if i take the pcat in oct i will raise my scoreto be competative. What should i change?🙁🙁
 
were u studying alot over that time?...im in the same position as u
so i cant really advise to other than saying study harder..thts wat i am doing...
 
Hey guys i need some advice. Im trying to get into Wayne State and I feel the only thing keeping me from getting in is my PCAT scores. I have a 3.66 GPA but the first time i took the pcat in JAN i got a 45 i retook the pcat in aug and got a 60. is there any hope that if i take the pcat in oct i will raise my scoreto be competative. What should i change?🙁🙁

🙁 Sorry to hear that. Just study more. Identify what you were doing poorly on, and review that. If you have a 3.66gpa, the brain matter's definitely there. Just put the time into it.
 
actually i did study quite a bitthis summer for like a month straight....i thought math was going to be my worse section but ended up being my best and reading which at the time i thought was my best ended up being my worst!?!?!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
actually i did study quite a bitthis summer for like a month straight....i thought math was going to be my worse section but ended up being my best and reading which at the time i thought was my best ended up being my worst!?!?!

If it's the reading section that's the issue, you should practice on MCAT and LSAT passages, and buy magazines such as The Economist to read. Practice answering reading passages with the time constraints of these other exams, and you would be more than prepared for the PCAT.
 
well it seems like you are improving overall..since you jumped from the 40s to the 60s..so just study more..and hopefully if you choose to take the exam in October..your score will jump even higher to the 80s or 90s..think positive..and keep tryingggggg..don't give up! Good luck :luck:
 
Hey guys i need some advice. Im trying to get into Wayne State and I feel the only thing keeping me from getting in is my PCAT scores. I have a 3.66 GPA but the first time i took the pcat in JAN i got a 45 i retook the pcat in aug and got a 60. is there any hope that if i take the pcat in oct i will raise my scoreto be competative. What should i change?🙁🙁
U need to study more for Pcat. I think no matter how many times you take, you will have the same score or even worsen if you do not study rightly. I mean the quetions on the Pcat will be different from the other tests. There will be no hope or wish on Pcat. You just have to prepare more. Send me an email to this address [email protected]
I will show you what u need to study for.
 
Wayne State's average is high = 87 in 2007 so I believe that your score needs to go up for you to improve your chances.

For reading, try Examkrackers 1001 Questions in Verbal Reasoning. Since the October PCAT is only weeks away, you obviously can't "learn" how to read in such a short time. Instead, you can develop a "sense" about how to approach reading passages by doing some example problems. Despite the fact that the problems in this book are MCAT-based, the book really helped me as the style is similar.
 
Wayne State's average is high = 87 in 2007 so I believe that your score needs to go up for you to improve your chances.

For reading, try Examkrackers 1001 Questions in Verbal Reasoning. Since the October PCAT is only weeks away, you obviously can't "learn" how to read in such a short time. Instead, you can develop a "sense" about how to approach reading passages by doing some example problems. Despite the fact that the problems in this book are MCAT-based, the book really helped me as the style is similar.



did ur score improve alot after using this book?? im gona get it hopefully it wi; arrive in time for october
 
did ur score improve alot after using this book?? im gona get it hopefully it wi; arrive in time for october

I only took the PCAT once and I used the book before meaning that there's no way to really tell.😉 My reading score on the MCAT improved after using that book if that helps you out. Also, I was projected to score in between a 51-75 on the Harcourt practice PCAT and I got 94 on the real thing.😀
 
I only took the PCAT once and I used the book before meaning that there's no way to really tell.😉 My reading score on the MCAT improved after using that book if that helps you out. Also, I was projected to score in between a 51-75 on the Harcourt practice PCAT and I got 94 on the real thing.😀

i have a feeling u are simply a genius( at least in english)!!!😀😀😀.... i just got the book from b&N so hopefully i can make a 50%👍
 
oh and for the bio on the hartcourt ... i was told to get a score of abt 76-99 and i ended up with a 40% on the actual thing...and my overall score was suppose to b around 50~ to 76 and i didnt even touch that range....
hartcourt is lying to mee....all the starts, gods, godesses have turned against poor mee..!!!!!🙁🙁
It is all about business.
 
Hey guys what are my chances of getting into a non Pcat school this year if i dont do well when i retake the PCAT

Stats-
3.66 GPA
Work as a Pharm tech for 3 years
Tutor
LOR- one from pharm , one from chair of bio dept, one biology prof.
Bachelors degree
 
Hey guys what are my chances of getting into a non Pcat school this year if i dont do well when i retake the PCAT

Stats-
3.66 GPA
Work as a Pharm tech for 3 years
Tutor
LOR- one from pharm , one from chair of bio dept, one biology prof.
Bachelors degree

Honestly, I think your chances are great.

My friend has similar stats. Only his GPA was just over 3.4 (it was calculated as UNDER 3.4 by the school - Non-PharmCAS). He worked as a Pharmtech for about seven months, he never had any professional/part-time work experience (in fact, the tech job was his first ever...he gets nervous in social situations). He has a Biomed sciences degree and had similar recs.

He got 3 interviews (MCPHS, which he currently attends), Western (he called me after the interview, saying he bombed it, he was getting drunk at the moment), and Xavier (but he didn't bother going).

Funny thing is, he told me his mom called him while he was getting drunk, saying he got an acceptance letter from MCPHS.

Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad