Future decisions

Started by xbrianx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xbrianx

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I was wondering which extracurricular path I should take. I am going to start doing research at school in the fall quarter and was thinking about just finding a pharm clerk job or shadowing a couple of hours a week. Would attaining a pharm tech. license be more beneficial in the long run. I do not believe that I will have time get a job since I would not be able to work a lot of hours each week. I plan on doing 2 years of research before I graduate and hopefully gain sufficient shadowing hours. Is this enough to cover the extracurricular portion or should I volunteer also?
 
Hi I was wondering which extracurricular path I should take. I am going to start doing research at school in the fall quarter and was thinking about just finding a pharm clerk job or shadowing a couple of hours a week. Would attaining a pharm tech. license be more beneficial in the long run. I do not believe that I will have time get a job since I would not be able to work a lot of hours each week. I plan on doing 2 years of research before I graduate and hopefully gain sufficient shadowing hours. Is this enough to cover the extracurricular portion or should I volunteer also?

like passion said, getting certified and not actually getting a job will give you no benefit. You're better off continuing research and it wouldn't hurt to volunteer for something as well. Preferably, volunteer regularly for at least a semester or two (or during summers). If you do decide to shadow, try shadowing regularly, don't just do it on a whim for a few weeks.