General Bio II

Started by 186
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

186

?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My University doesn't offer General Biology II, which is a required prerequisite at most Pharm.D schools.

Below is a list of the courses that I can take. Can anyone tell me which course I can take as a subsitute for General Biology II?

I'm kinda confused... Is Zoology 102 = General Bio I??
and Botany 103 = General Bio II??

BIO 100 - General Zoology ~ General Zoology Fundamental principles of zoology. Organization, metabolism, responsiveness, reproduction and classification of selected invertebrates and vertebrates illustrate the principles in the laboratory. Lecture, 2 hours; laboratory, 2 hours. 3 credits.

3.000 Credit Hours
2.000 Lecture hours
2.000 Lab hours

Levels: Graduate Non-Matriculant, Graduate, Undergraduate, Undergraduate Non-Matriculant
Schedule Types: Lecture/Lab, Laboratory, Lecture

School of Arts & Sciences College
Biology Department

BIO 101 - General Botany ~ General Botany Fundamental principles of botany. Organization, metabolism, responsiveness, reproduction and classification of selected plant forms illustrate the principles in the laboratory. Lecture, 2 hours; laboratory, 2 hours. 3 credits.

3.000 Credit Hours
2.000 Lecture hours
1.000 Lab hours

Levels: Graduate Non-Matriculant, Graduate, Undergraduate, Undergraduate Non-Matriculant
Schedule Types: Lecture/Lab, Laboratory, Lecture

School of Arts & Sciences College
Biology Department

BIO 102 - Zoology ~ Zoology ^ Prerequisite: science major or minor. A more comprehensive treatment of general zoology. Lecture, 2 hours; laboratory, 4 hours. 4 credits.

4.000 Credit Hours
2.000 Lecture hours
4.000 Lab hours

Levels: Graduate Non-Matriculant, Graduate, Undergraduate, Undergraduate Non-Matriculant
Schedule Types: Lecture/Lab, Laboratory, Lecture

School of Arts & Sciences College
Biology Department

BIO 103 - Botany ~ Botany ^ Prerequisite: science major or minor. A more comprehensive treatment of general botany than BIO 101. Lecture, 2 hours; laboratory, 4 hours. 4 credits.

4.000 Credit Hours
2.000 Lecture hours
4.000 Lab hours

Levels: Graduate Non-Matriculant, Graduate, Undergraduate, Undergraduate Non-Matriculant
Schedule Types: Lecture/Lab, Laboratory, Lecture

School of Arts & Sciences College
Biology Department

BIO 104 - General Biology ~ General Biology Creative and modern interpretation of biology concepts. Current and relevant topics emphasized in lecture. Demonstration laboratories. Satisfies general education science requirement. 3 credits.

3.000 Credit Hours

Levels: Undergraduate, Undergraduate Non-Matriculant
Schedule Types: Lecture/Lab

School of Arts & Sciences College
Biology Department
 
I am actually in the same situation.(No applying to the schools this year). I would call the schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol Crazyfox, I thought I was the only one. This sucks!
Yeah, I know, the schools in my state have different substitutes for second gen bio class. Sooo I will probably have to take additional classes by the time I am applying.