General Chem...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Metswin677

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys and Girls,

What can be expected on the General Chem portion of the PCAT? Alot of calculations, or mostly generic chem questions, like most stable sublevel of an orbital, or most electronegative element, etc?????


Thanks in advance!
 
Hey guys and Girls,

What can be expected on the General Chem portion of the PCAT? Alot of calculations, or mostly generic chem questions, like most stable sublevel of an orbital, or most electronegative element, etc?????


Thanks in advance!


You pretty much nailed it...concepts and simple calculations problems...😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Collins was pretty good for gen chem. If you are just reviewing, it will work great. I was not, so I had to supplement.

With organic, I feel that you need a little more than what Collins gives you. Not a LOT more, but a little. Reviewing the SN1 vs SN2 and E1 vs E2 was definitely a good idea.

The Pearson practice tests were similar to Collins, but it wasn't a spot-on match. I can't quite articulate the difference, but there was one. Collins prepares you enough so that if you get the concept, you can reason out the answer on a Pearson question.

But I haven't gotten my scores back from the 6/29 PCAT (obviously), so I could be completely talking out of my ass here.