Georgetown PhD

Started by Ruz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ruz

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I am finishing up my PhD app for Georgetown. They ask for academic and career interests, research interests, AND intellectual interests.

I found stuff to write for the first two, but for the intellectual interest i'm confused. My relevant science intellectual interests are the same as my research interests. Did you guys put mostly the same things, or did you talk about your somewhat non-relevant intellectual interests?

I'm really into politics, history...everything.... but I don't think they care about that. WHY SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I discussed my research interest slightly in my "intellectual interest" paragraph (e.g., one sentence as part of a broader topic), then discussed why I'd like to research it in the "research interest" paragraph.

It's hard to distinguish the two, but if you split hairs fine enough, you can pull it off. While something can be your intellectual interest, you might want to research it for different reasons.