Going from Calculus Based Physics to Algebra Based?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lollygagger

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I am almost done my prerequisites for pharmacy school, my last class I have to take is Physics.
I took physics this semester which I thought it was algebra based, to my surprise it was actually calculus. I ended up dropping it, I got a 55 on my first exam, I haven't took a math in 2 years, and I just wanted to focus on biology.

So now I have a W in calculus based physics, and if I retake it next semester I can overwrite that W with an actual grade.
Or I can go easy on myself and just take algebra based physics, but still have a W in calculus based. :/

Would pharmacy school raise an eyebrow and see that I went from a challenging course to a least challenging course? I just don't know what they would think...

Also this is my 2nd W, I got my first one in Calculus 2 and never retook it.
Thanks.