Gold Humanism

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JoseyCali123

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Found out last week I got into Gold Humanism (alongside 10% of my class). Is this a competitive honor for psychiatry? My step 1 score is low though... 215... I wasn't sure if it was helpful for residency.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not in the undergraduate medical education business, but it is good. I believe there are efforts to make this more standardized however. At many schools it is largely a popularity contest, at others it is very real and serious. You obviously did something to earn this. Work that something into your PS. You might even humbly mention how honored you were to be recognized/validated for this work by your school. Good job.