good pcat practice books

Started by lidawg007
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lidawg007

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, i was wondering what books and study guides you guys used? Which ones do you prefer, and what is the best method to study?
 
moved to PCAT Discussions.


the mcat examkrackers book is really good. so is the kaplan one

the course is only helpful if you have no clue anything biology related...which would be tragic. it's basically a quick overview of all the stuff you learned throughout the years. don't waste $1200+ on it when you can review all this on your own at home. but then again that's just my opinion

edit: merged the two threads..they're asking the same thing
 
Hey, i was wondering what books and study guides you guys used? Which ones do you prefer, and what is the best method to study?

The Kaplan prep book is great for the Bio section, Gen Chem and General Math. You need to get Organic and Calc review from another source. I would also recommend picking up a book of tests like Cliff's or Barrons to get comfortable with the format and timing of the test.
I didn't need review for the Vocab and Reading sections but I used Kaplan for those and scored pretty high.
I studied for 4-5 months but I have been out of school for 5 years so I needed more time to review.
Good luck!