GPA problem!!

Started by DMDRAJ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DMDRAJ

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, so far my science gpa is a 3.0. I am a business management major with an overall gpa of 3.2. I has now seriously hit me that I need to buckle up and make straight A's now on. so here are my science grades broken down

Genchem1- B
Genchem2- C
Physics1-A
Physics2- (haven't taken it)
Calculus- B
Organic1- C(retook made a B)
Organic2- (havn't taken it)
Biology1- B
Biology2-(havn't taken it)

Okay, so I plan on taking most of those havn't taken it above classes to either take it next semester or during the fall of senior year. So i calculated as of now my gpa is a 3.0 and if I take the rest and get a's it will be a 3.3. having that C in genchem2 really lowers it and I recalculated my gpa and noticed if i retake it and get an A it will be a 3.6, Should I retake genchem2?
 
schools generally will accept a C. It would leave a better impression to take even more difficult courses than to repeat the same thing.
 
Also keep in mind that if you got a C in a 4 credit class and then did a retake for that class and earned an A dental schools will use both grades to calculate your GPA or another way to look at it is it will be as if you took an 8 credit class and got a 3.0 - the two classes are averaged not replaced.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh yea, I completely forgot about that. Wow.. What kind of upper level science classes do you recommend. Since I am a business major, basically the next 3 semesters are going to be dedicated to those classes for me to be able to graduate on time. I also need to take physics 2, bio 2, and orgo2. I am going to also take biochem, whats another science I could take that'll look good?
 
Oh yea, I completely forgot about that. Wow.. What kind of upper level science classes do you recommend. Since I am a business major, basically the next 3 semesters are going to be dedicated to those classes for me to be able to graduate on time. I also need to take physics 2, bio 2, and orgo2. I am going to also take biochem, whats another science I could take that'll look good?

You should take gross anatomy, neuroanatomy, microbiology, immunology, and physiology. Those are undergrad courses that you'll be taking in dental school anyway. Better get a head start.