Grades & PA school

Started by hameeds2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hameeds2

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

So I wanted to get an opinion aside from my sugar coating advisor regarding my grades. I was an econ major that worked in banking for 2 years and now I'm about to apply for PA school come spring 2015. Here are my science grades, oh my economics undergraduate degree gpa was 3.5 and I was an honors college student. Keep in mind I work a lot and volunteer!
I'll start with the bad grades,

--gen chem, physics and organic chem all Cs

--gen biology, human anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, cell biology, microbiology and biochemistry all As.

My Gre I take this sept, and I volunteer with direct patient contact in a hospital, work as a dental assistant, do epilepsy runs, serve at a soup kitchen. I intend to apply first thing with CASPA 2015. So yeah...
 
Really depends where you apply. some programs don't accept volunteer hours or dental assisting as experience. apply broadly( 5-7 programs) and you will likely get in somewhere.