GRE For MD/PhD Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sonic Hedgehog

MSTP guru
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there!

Do any of you guys know *which* MD/PhD programs require that you complete GRE? Can the GRE's be taken AFTER the applications have been submitted. I'm applying this year to MD/PhD, but I was postponing my GREs until September.

Thanks,

SHH
 
Originally posted by SonicHedgehog:
•Hi there!

Do any of you guys know *which* MD/PhD programs require that you complete GRE? Can the GRE's be taken AFTER the applications have been submitted. I'm applying this year to MD/PhD, but I was postponing my GREs until September.

Thanks,

SHH•

Of the schools that I'm applying to, the following are the ones that I'm aware of that require the GRE:

Michigan
Harvard
Ohio State
Univ. Illinois-Urbana/Champaign
Pitt
Ohio State

Some of these schools only require the GRE for my specific graduate department (bioengineering) but not for other departments, so you'll have to check to make sure.

As far as the GRE, I'm taking it right before the fall semester starts. I dont think you are required to take it before submitting the app at most schools (thats what the MD/PhD programs told me) but it might delay your app a little bit.

The good thing about the GRE is that its more of an online system so it only takes like 15 days for the schools to receive your scores instead of 2 months like the MCAT.
 
Hi
Just bringing this question to the top again. What schools require GRE for MD/Phd?
Thanks